I have realized how disconnected we are from our food source as I walked through the San Pedro market. The market lies just across the street from my hostel and the church of San Pedro. It has just about anything you want as far as fresh fruit and vegetables grown in the amazon and also includes an open air butcher block. So I thought I would show you all some of those same sights. This first picture is from the corner of the market itself outside. Then we have our aisle of fruits and veggies. Lastly, theres the deli. It is a sight when you see someone actually sawing ribs in half
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
A trip to the grocery store...
I have realized how disconnected we are from our food source as I walked through the San Pedro market. The market lies just across the street from my hostel and the church of San Pedro. It has just about anything you want as far as fresh fruit and vegetables grown in the amazon and also includes an open air butcher block. So I thought I would show you all some of those same sights. This first picture is from the corner of the market itself outside. Then we have our aisle of fruits and veggies. Lastly, theres the deli. It is a sight when you see someone actually sawing ribs in half
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That butcher's block is a twisted sight.
So more questions for you:
Have you seen any fruits that you don't recognize? Tried them?
What kind and cut of meat is the most common?
What are the spices like?
Post a Comment