Saturday, June 14, 2008

almost there


After being inundated with every aspect of the English language and tested on it, the TEFL class is almost finished. This next week is the big test as I have my own class of second language learners to teach. This week has been fun and interesting as I have taught mini-lessons everyday about grammar, reading, speaking, and finally, listening exercises. The last day was the best since by then it didn't even feel like teaching. We did a listening exercise using music. Let me tell you it was just hi-lar-ious hearing a group of young Peruvians singing "Hello, I love you" by the Doors. I will never be able to listen to that song the same way again.

Afterwards Cyd and I celebrated by having some fun on the Plaza de Armas and at our favorite restaurant Indigo for some tasty alpaca and live music.

1 comment:

Dave Suss said...

Now there's some fun to be had...you've got to start looking for some songs with really special lyrics. Maybe "Satisfaction"?